Friday, September 19, 2008

Il fait beau!

This last week,the weather in Paris has been absolutely beautiful... even if a little bit chilly. It has also been fairly stressful. I finally was able to go to the sous-préfecture to apply for my carte de séjour. I got there when they opened on tuesday morning and they gave me number 584. I had to leave at one for a meeting at the Sorbonne, and when I left they were at 579! I didn't even get to go, and the reason I wanted to go was so that I could see if I was missing any papers and go back on wednesday with everything I needed. Needless to say I returned the next day anyway, this time I got there early. I waited for two hours for them to make me an appointment to apply for my carte de séjour! Furhtermore the appointment is not until November 19th! Which means two things: 1) I will most likely not be able to go home for Christmas (because once the process has started I can't leave the EU) and 2) because the appointment is so late I might have to leave an re-enter the country before November. Had I known I needed to do this myself earlier, I would have, and all this stress could have been avoided.
Other than that, everything is going very well. I was able to make it out to Disneyland on sunday, and yes I did renew my seasons pass, they have some fun new stuff too. I really like both classes I have right now, and I am equally nervous and excited for Sorbonne classes to start. I bought a tv over the weekend and I now have cable which is nice. I can watch American shows in French, as well as other shows in French, but I also gett CNN, BBC, and Cartoon Network and some Nickelodeon shows in English. Last night (thursday) I had dinner with the current Gonzaga in Paris students. It was nice to get to meet the new students, and get to see Marie-Claire and Renan again. I will also be going with them to Mont St. Michel this weekend. This time it is a whole weekend excursion (when I went we did it all in one day... we were on the bus longer than the island). I will also (hopefully) be making  a trip to Ikea on monday, I am so excited for that! I love Ikea! 
Hopefully I will get around to putting up new pictures and videos I have taken this weekend, but no promises!
I hope everyone is doing well.

No comments: